Patient Family Resources
Links and Resources
The following page offer additional information to help you understand kidney disease and dialysis, transplantation, dialysis industry news and other opportunities available for dialysis patients. If you are looking for state specific resources, please visit our State-by-State Resource Page.
General Pre-Dialysis and Dialysis Education
- http://www.lifeoptions.org/ (pre-dialysis and dialysis education)
- http://www.kidneyschool.org/ (pre-dialysis and dialysis education)
- http://www.davita.com/ (pre-dialysis and dialysis info)
- http://www.kidney.org/ National Kidney Foundation; kidney disease, research
Dialysis Treatment Options
- http://www.homedialysis.org/ Home Dialysis Central offers resources and support for patients interested in peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis. Talk to other patients, read stories, find a home clinic, and more.
- CMS Dialysis Facility Compare
Paying for Dialysis
- http://www.medicare.gov/, then enter search term “dialysis” (Medicare benefits for dialysis patients)
- http://www.kidneyfund.org/ American Kidney Fund
Dialysis Industry News and Medical Breakthroughs
Other Kidney Organizations
- http://www.esrdnetworks.org/ (resource for patient grievances)
- http://www.renalsupportnetwork.org/ (Renal Support Network)
- Understanding and managing chronic pain webinar
- Chronic Pain: https://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/pain-management/types-of-pain/chronic/
- Opioid Treatment: https://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/pain-management/opioid-treatment/
- Non-Opioid Treatment: https://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/pain-management/non-opioid-treatment/
- http://www.ready.ga.gov/Plan Create your own emergency plan for your family. The website was developed by the state of Georgia, and has helpful emergency preparedness information for people from any state. You can create a customized plan to account for your needs as a CKD patient.
- http://www.kcercoalition.com/ Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition
Dialysis Patient Travel
- 1-866-4DIALYSIS (1-866-434-2597, Option 2) – provides free assistance in locating and scheduling dialysis treatment for all patients traveling in the United States and abroad.
- www.dialysisfinder.com helps you locate dialysis centers around the country.
Facebook and Twitter
Kidney Blogs and Other Website Resources
- The DPC Education Center makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of external web sites and programs. In addition, the Center does not endorse the content or information contained in external website links, nor does the content necessarily reflect the views of the Center.