Connecting by phone with other kidney patients and their families
The DPC Kidney Chat is a unique program that offers real time support, hope, and education to chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients at all stages of the illness, as well as support for their family and friends. It can be helpful for those adjusting to kidney disease to:
• Have someone to listen to them
• Gain confidence in living with kidney disease
• Feel more in control of their life
• Provide fellowship and community for those on home dialysis
• Gain tips and encouragement from both someone who has personal experience and from a healthcare professional.
This program is a telephone group experience with two facilitators: a person living with CKD and a healthcare professional. The program is open to any person living with kidney disease and their family members who have a telephone. It provides a safe place to discuss aspects of living with kidney disease.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 3:00 pm Eastern for one hour.
Our next call will be on November 14th, 2023 at 3:00 pm Eastern.
Our November speaker will be Elizabeth Jones MSW, LCSW. Elizabeth has been a renal social worker since 1991 and has worked in both hospital and outpatient settings with endocrine, dialysis, and transplant patients. Read Elizabeth’s full bio on our Advisory Council page.
Join the call:
Dial: (866) 230-9002
Enter Meeting Code: 420 835 078#