Connecting by phone with other kidney patients and their families
The DPC Kidney Chat is a unique program that offers real time support, hope, and education to chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients at all stages of the illness, as well as support for their family and friends. It can be helpful for those adjusting to kidney disease to:
• Have someone to listen to them
• Gain confidence in living with kidney disease
• Feel more in control of their life
• Provide fellowship and community for those on home dialysis
• Gain tips and encouragement from both someone who has personal experience and from a healthcare professional.
This program is a telephone group experience with two facilitators: a person living with CKD and a healthcare professional. The program is open to any person living with kidney disease and their family members who have a telephone. It provides a safe place to discuss aspects of living with kidney disease.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 3:00 pm Eastern for one hour.
Our next call will be on June 13th, 2023 at 3:00 pm Eastern.
The guest speaker for our June call will be Dr. David Mahoney, chief medical officer for Hospital Services and Skilled Nursing Facilities dialysis for DaVita Kidney Care.