There is a resource—developed by patients with kidney disease—that provides an overview of where to get help with medical bills and employment.
The types of medical bill tips highlighted include:
- An overview of Medicare coverage for people with End-Stage Renal Disease
- Where you may find help in getting supplemental coverage for the 20% Medicare doesn’t pay
- Assistance for special populations (e.g., veterans, children, people with disabilities, etc.)
- Programs that help cover expenses related to health insurance premiums, living organ donation and medications.
- Assistance provided by some electric companies for home hemodialysis patients
Employment tips featured include where to find help with:
- Returning to work
- Beginning a new line of work
- Joining the workforce for the first time
- Maintaining employment
- Getting job training or going back to school
- Financial independence
- Americans with Disabilities Act