The DPC Support Group is a unique program that offers real time support and education to chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients at all stages of the illness, as well as support for their family and friends. It can be helpful for those adjusting to kidney disease to:
• Have someone to listen to them
• Gain confidence in living with kidney disease
• Feel more in control of their life
• Provide fellowship and community for those on home dialysis
• Gain tips and encouragement from both someone who has personal experience and from a healthcare professional.
This program is a telephone group experience with two facilitators: a person living with CKD and a healthcare professional. The program is open to any person living with kidney disease and their family members who have a telephone. It provides a safe place to discuss aspects of living with kidney disease.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 3:00 pm Eastern for one hour.
Our next call will be on Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 at 3:00 pm Eastern.
Our August speaker will be David Mahoney, MD, FASN, FASDIN. Dr. David Mahoney is a nephrologist in the Washington, DC area with nearly 30 years of experience in the care of patients with kidney disease. He is currently the Chief Medical Officer for DaVita’s Hospital Services Group.
Join the call:
Dial: (866) 808-5953
Enter Meeting Code: 253 841 3353
RSVP for a Reminder: